Please note, the rescue daily receives far more intake requests that we can accept. You will receive a reply from us ONLY if we are able to help. In that case, we will contact you within 48 hours. We are all volunteers who donate our time to the rescue. Don't give up trying to find a new home! Please use the links below for more tips and advice. If you still need to request our help, please use the appropriate form below:
Cat and Kitten Intake Forms
Please add as much detail as you can in your intake request. We will get back to you as soon as we have a foster who can take the pet. To help us meet the needs of all the animals intrusted to our care, there is a $25 per cat or $50 per litter (mom and babies) relinquishment fee payable when the cat is brought in. Thank you.
- You are contacting us about your cat(s)
- You are contacting us about a stray cat(s)
- This cat was previously adopted from the Kalamazoo Animal Rescue
Note: For stray cats, you must report your animal to Kalamazoo County Animal Services before we can handle the intake request. Please make sure that the picture uploaded there is the same as the picture uploaded here. All requests without a report will be denied. Thank you.
- How To Care For Orphaned Kittens
- Advice about feral, or "community" cats.
- Review our large list of regional breed rescues as an alternative solution.
- Enter your ZIP code to generate a list of other nearby rescues/shelters that may be able to help.
- Advice about re-homing a pet.
- Contact information and hours for Kalamazoo County Animal Services on Lake Street. This is our county animal control facility. Note that this facility must hold strays for at least 7 days but is not required to hold animals that are given up by their owners.