Found a Dog or Cat?
Contact places that maintain a lost and found list.
Kalamazoo Humane Society
Kalamazoo County Animal Control
Found = Free with the Kalamazoo Gazette. (269) 381-5100
They will allow you to place a free 3-day ad if you find a pet. It will be seen by the most people if you time the ad to run on the weekend. Leave out some determining characteristic about the animal and be sure to have a caller describe the animal. Don't describe the animal for the caller. There are dishonest people who may try to claim the animal is theirs when it isn't.
- Call ahead to a vet clinic to see if they will scan the animal for a microchip.
- Call area vet clinics and ask if they have reports of missing pets.
- Post flyers around the area you found the pet.
- Place flyers on bulletin boards at the pet stores, Meijer, etc.
- If you have found orphaned kittens or puppies, visit our orphan help page.
WILDLIFE(deer, racoons, squirrels, birds, etc)
These contacts either have or can help you find a wildlife rehabilitator.
Kalamazoo Nature Center (269) 381-1574
Michigan DNR (click on the Wildlife and Habitat link on the left on) Plainwell Office: (269) 685-6851
Friends of Wildlife Ann Arbor, MI
A longer Michigan Wildlife Rehabilitators from the DNR.
Good reference site with a "I just found baby mammal/bird. Now what?" help section.